[Forum SIS] job posting: Entry ­Level Marketing Statistician (San Diego, CA)

Lisa Solomon lisas a salford-systems.com
Ven 19 Feb 2016 19:17:42 CET

Entry-Level Marketing Statistician

(San Diego, CA)

Salford Systems is an advanced data mining software and consulting company based in San Diego, California. We enjoy an open, creative environment, and have developed an international reputation for cutting-edge technology. Salford Systems is affiliated with several of the world's greatest scientists in the field of machine learning, and leads the data mining industry with exciting, innovative products.

The ideal candidate is passionate and enthusiastic about applied statistics and analytics. Qualified candidates should have strong ability to both engage with senior leaders to design well-constructed analyses and work with data scientists and software engineers to effectively deliver actionable results. They should have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with both technical and marketing departments to effectively create new educational materials, execute new promotional projects and actively contribute to consulting projects.

Responsibilities may include:

·         Working with our technical and marketing departments to prepare data that will be used for promotional projects and consulting projects.

·         Ability to prepare exemplary analyses on the prepared data to illustrate analytical techniques using our software.

·         Scraping, merging, cleaning, formatting and repurposing of publicly available datasets.

·         Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions.

·         Key participant in Marketing campaigns via creating easily-understood, step-by-step instructions.

·         Understand and communicate product benefits.

·         Perform hands-on competitive analysis.

·         Add classical statistical approaches to data mining approaches to enhance our consulting projects.

Minimum Qualifications:

·         Master’s Degree in statistics or related

·         2 years relevant experience including statistical software (R, S-Plus, SAS, or similar), databases and scripting languages (such as Python).

Preferred Qualifications:

·         Marketing and/or writing background a plus.

·         Experience using analytics and/or data mining software, such as Salford’s products, SAS, R, or similar products

·         Real-world experience.

·         Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.

·         Demonstrated self-direction.

Light travel required. Candidate should be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A.

Contact:

Please send resume and wage history and requirements to HR at salford-systems.com<mailto:HR at salford-systems.com>.

Company: Salford Systems
Location: San Diego, CA