[Forum SIS] Bocconi DEC Statistics Seminar - April 14th

Isadora Antoniano isadora.antoniano a unibocconi.it
Ven 8 Apr 2016 00:28:03 CEST

Dear all,
we are glad to announce the next:

*DEC - Statistics Seminar*

Thursday,
* April 14th*

*Bocconi University,*

Room 3-E4-SR03

Via Rontgen 1 - 3rd floor

Time: *12:30 pm*

*Silvia Montagna *(The University of Warwick and J-ISBA Member)

*"Spatial Bayesian Latent Factor Regression Modeling of Coordinate­based
Meta­analysis Data"*

 *Abstract: *

Now over 20 years old, functional MRI (fMRI) has a large and growing
literature that is best synthesised with meta-analytic tools. As most
authors do not share image data, only the peak activation coordinates
(foci) reported in the paper are available for Coordinate-based
Meta-analysis (CBMA). Neuroimaging meta-analysis is used to 1) identify
areas of consistent activation; and 2) build a predictive model of task
type or cognitive process for new studies (reverse inference). To
simultaneously address these aims, we propose a Bayesian point process
hierarchical model for CBMA. We model the foci from each study as a doubly
stochastic Poisson process, where the study-specific log intensity function
is characterised as a linear combination of a high-dimensional basis set. A
sparse representation of the intensities is guaranteed through latent
factor modeling of the basis coefficients. Within our framework, it is also
possible to account for the effect of study-level covariates
(meta-regression), significantly expanding the capabilities of the current
neuroimaging meta-analysis methods available. We apply our methodology to
synthetic data and a neuroimaging meta-analysis dataset.

Kind regards,

Raffaella Piccarreta and Isadora Antoniano

The DEC statistics seminars schedule is available at
http://www.unibocconi.eu/statseminar

*ATTENTION:*

If you are a guest and you do not have a Bocconi ID Card to access to the
Bocconi Buildings, please confirm your participation by sending an email to
martina.ercoli a unibocconi.it
In addition, we suggest to print, fill out and send the attached form (to
give your consent to personal data handling) via email to the same address.
In this way, the check-in procedure at the entrance will be faster and
easier.

Isadora Antoniano Villalobos
Assistant Professor
DEC - Department of Decision Sciences,
Bocconi University, via Guglielmo Röntgen 1 (3rd floor, room D1-09). 20136,
Milano.
email: isadora.antoniano a unibocconi.it

Web page: http://faculty.unibocconi.eu/isadoraantonianovillalobos