[Forum SIS] Seminario Alan Agresti - 9 Ottobre 14:30 - Bologna

Monia Lupparelli monia.lupparelli a unibo.it
Mar 29 Set 2015 12:10:26 CEST

Ho il piacere di comunicare che venerdì 9 ottobre alle ore 14:30, presso l’aula IV del Dipartimento di Scienze Statistiche di Bologna, si terrà il seguente seminario:

Some Perspectives about Generalized Linear Modeling

                       Alan Agresti
                   Professor Emeritus
                  University of Florida

This talk discusses several topics pertaining to generalized linear
modeling.  With focus on categorical data, the topics include (1) bias
in using ordinary linear models with ordinal categorical response
data, (2) interpreting effects with nonlinear link functions, (3)
cautions in using Wald inference (tests and confidence intervals) when
effects are large or near the boundary of the parameter space, (4) the
behavior and choice of residuals for GLMs, (5) an improved way to use
the generalized estimating equations (GEE) method for marginal
modeling of a multinomial response, and (6) modeling nonnegative
zero-inflated responses.  I will present few new research results, but
these topics got my attention while I was writing the book
`Foundations of Linear and Generalized Linear Models,' recently
published by Wiley.

Tutti gli interessati sono cordialmente invitati a partecipare

Cari saluti
Monia Lupparelli