[Forum SIS] DEC (Bocconi) Seminar - October 15th

Raffaella Piccarreta raffaella.piccarreta a unibocconi.it
Ven 9 Ott 2015 01:14:25 CEST

Dear all, we are glad to announce the next DEC statistics seminar.
Regards,
Raffaella Piccarreta and Isadora Antoniano

DEC - Statistics Seminar

Università Bocconi,
Room 3-E4-SR03
Via Rontgen 1 - 3rd floor
Time: 12:30pm

The DEC seminar schedule is available at http://www.unibocconi.eu/statseminar

Thursday, October 15th

Alberto Caimo
(Università della Svizzera Italiana)

"Bayesian modelling of heterogenous social networks"

Abstract
Recent research in statistical social network analysis has demonstrated the advantages and effectiveness of probabilistic approaches to network data. In fact, Bayesian methods are becoming increasingly popular as techniques for modelling relational data. Exponential random graph models (ERGMs) are a class of widely used exponential family models for social network data. The connectivity structure of an observed network is modelled by the relative prevalence of network statistics which are regarded as random variables. Computing the doubly intractable posterior distribution of ERGMs is a very challenging problem. We present an efficient computational methods for estimating the Bayesian ERGMs as well as a new hierarchical longitudinal ERGMs framework that allows for simultaneous inference of initial conditions and time heterogeneity in dynamic networks.
Raffaella Piccarreta
DEC - Department of Decision Sciences,
Universita' L.Bocconi, via Guglielmo Röntgen 1 (3rd floor, room D1-09). 20136, Milano.
email: piccarreta a unibocconi.it
tel. +39-02-58365659 / fax +39-02-58365630

Web page (ENGLISH VERSION): http://faculty.unibocconi.eu/raffaellapiccarreta/
(ITALIAN VERSION): http://faculty.unibocconi.it/raffaellapiccarreta/