[Forum SIS] Annuncio Seminario - Bourguin - Tor Vergata

Claudio Durastanti durastan a mat.uniroma2.it
Lun 8 Giu 2015 11:23:52 CEST

Ciclo di Seminari - Progetto ERC grant PASCAL
(Probabilistic and Statistical Techniques for Cosmological Applications)

Annuncio Seminario Dott. Solesne Bourguin, Carnegie Mellon University,
Pittsburgh
Mercoledì 10 Giugno - 14:30 -
Aula Dal Passo - Dipartimento di Matematica
Università di Tor Vergata - Roma

Title: Recent developments on the Poisson chaos conjecture.

Abstract: In this talk, I will talk about past, recent and ongoing
developments linked to the Poisson chaos conjecture whose object is to
assess whether or not a fourth moment type theorem holds on the Poisson
chaos. Since 2008, only the case of the first and second chaos had been
proven and it is of both theoretical as well as applicative interest to
better understand the underlying combinatorics of the Poisson chaos for
higher orders. I will cover the case of the third chaos where the
conjecture is proven to be true and I will present some promising attempts
at understanding the general case.

Cordiali saluti

Claudio Durastanti