[Forum SIS] Seminar at the University of Bergamo

Alessandro Fasso alessandro.fasso a unibg.it
Mer 22 Ott 2014 13:24:55 CEST

Monday 27 October, 2014, 11:00
Prof. Abdel El-Shaarawi <elshaarawi a aucegypt.edu>
The American University in Cairo and National Water Research Institute
(Canada)

"Environmental Intervention Monitoring: Design and Data Analysis"

University of Bergamo
Department DIGIP
Dalmine, Viale Marconi 5
Room 10 - Building A

Abstract
Monitoring environmental change due to natural and human intervention
requires an appropriate design and sound data analysis technique.
Several examples for the before and after control impact (BACI) designs
will be presented to show how to select control and impact locations as
well as the length of time required for monitoring prior and after the
impact.
Spatial and temporal models that account for the intra and enter variation
and their effects on the statistical tests for the detection and estimation
of the impact will be
discussed.
Particular emphases will be placed on the upstream-downstream modeling of
water and air quality.

Alessandro Fassò
Professor of Statistics
University of Bergamo
Via Marconi 5,   24044 Dalmine BG I,   Italy

*Office*:  tel.  +39 035 2052 323,   fax. +39 035 2052 310
*Personal* *fax*. +39 035 7423 1165
Cell.  +39 338 8026 616
email: alessandro.fasso a unibg.it,
homepage:  www.unibg.it/pers/?alessandro.fasso