[Forum SIS] Wednesday 3.12.14 14.30h ASSESSING RISKS: ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS - R. Zitikis University of Western Ontario

Francesca Greselin francesca.greselin a unimib.it
Gio 27 Nov 2014 13:32:19 CET

Con preghiera di diffusione tra tutti i possibili interessati,
scusandomi per invii multipli.
Cordialmente,
Francesca Greselin

 A v v i s o   d i   S e m i n a r i o
Wednesday  December, 3 2014, at 2.30 p.m
Department of Statistics and Quantitative Methods
Aula Consiglio della Scuola di Economia e Statistica,
4rth floor, Room n°4064, building U7

RICARDAS ZITIKIS, PhD,
(Department of Statistical and Actuarial Sciences,
University of Western Ontario, London, Canada)

will give the following talk:

ASSESSING RISKS: ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS

Abstract
Just like measuring economic inequality, assessing risk and its impact on
decision making could be a daunting task. More often than not, we
misestimate risk, and do so unwittingly. I will illustrate such issues and
share thoughts that have guided my current research.

http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/zitikis/main.htm <http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/zitikis/main.htm>