[Forum SIS] mini-workshop "Young Researchers" a Milano-Bicocca

Fabio Bellini fabio.bellini a unimib.it
Lun 14 Lug 2014 08:05:05 CEST

Il giorno giovedì 17 luglio alle ore 14.30 presso
la Sala del Consiglio della Scuola di Economia e
Statistica, al IV piano dell'edificio U7 in via
Bicocca degli Arcimboldi 8, si terrà il
mini-workshop "Young Researchers" con il seguente programma:

14.30 - 15.00 Annamaria Gambaro, Dottorato in
Statistica e Matematica per la Finanza, Università di Milano-Bicocca
Approximated pricing of swaptions in general interest rate models
We propose a new lower bound on the prices of
European-style swaptions for a wide class of
interest rate models. This method is applicable
whenever the joint characteristic function of the
state variables is known in closed form or could
be easily obtained with numerical PDE solution
method. Our algorithm involves the computation of
one dimensional Fourier transform indipendently
from the swap length. Moreover the bound could be
used as a control variable to reduce confidence
interval of the Monte Carlo technique. We test
our new lower bound on different affine models
and on 2-factor quadratic gaussian model and the
method is found to be fast and accurate (joint
work with Ruggero Caldana and Gianluca Fusai).

15.00 - 15.30 Jacopo Corbetta, Dottorato in Matematica e Applicazioni,
Università di Milano-Bicocca
Smile asymptotics in a multiscaling stochastic volatility model
We consider a stochastic volatility model which
captures some relevant stylized facts of
financial series, including the so-called
multiscaling of moments. We obtain sharp large
deviations estimates for the price, based on a
large deviations principle for suitable
functionals of a point process, which is of
independent interest. This yields explicit
asymptotic formulas for the price of European
options, and for the related implied volatility,
both in the small maturity and large strike
regimes. In particular, we show that implied
volatility for out-of-the-money options explodes
as the maturity vanishes, with an explicit
limiting shape (joint work with Francesco Caravenna).

15.30 - 16.00 Alberto Santangelo, Dottorato in
Statistica e Matematica per la Finanza, Università di Milano-Bicocca
Measuring Portfolio Diversification Based on Optimized Uncorrelated Factors
We measure diversification in terms of the
"Effective Number of Minimum-Torsion Bets",
namely a set of uncorrelated factors, optimized
to closely track the factors used to allocate the
portfolio. In this way we introduce a novel
notion of "absolute risk contributions", which
generalizes the "marginal contributions to risk"
in traditional risk parity. We discuss the
advantages of the Minimum-Torsion Bets over the
traditional approach to diversification based on
marginal contributions to risk. We present a case
study in the S&P 500. Fully documented code is
available for download (joint work with Romain Deguest and Attilio Meucci).

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Prof. Fabio Bellini
Department of Statistics and Quantitative Methods
University of Milano-Bicocca
Via Bicocca degli Arcimboldi 8, 20126 Milano
0039-2-64483119
http://www.economia.unimib.it/bellini