[20° Forum SIS] METMA VII - GRASPA 2014 Conference: Deadlines

Rosalba Ignaccolo rosaria.ignaccolo a unito.it
Ven 20 Dic 2013 17:39:40 CET

Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce and invite you to the joint meeting
*METMA VII -- GRASPA14* that will be hosted by the Department of
Economics and Statistics "Cognetti de Martiis", University of Torino
(IT) from 10th to 12th September 2014.

This is an opportunity to bring together two communities with common
research interests, such as the development and use of statistical
methods in the environmental sciences. These research aims are at the
cornerstone of TIES, for which the meeting will also be a *TIES*
regional conference. *METMA VII* will be the Seventh International
Workshop on Spatio-Temporal Modelling, while *GRASPA14* represents the
2014 meeting of the Research Group for Statistical Applications to
Environmental Problems (www.graspa.org <http://www.graspa.org/>).

This meeting will have plenary, invited and contributed sessions. Note
that there are no parallel sessions. An extensive poster session will be
held as well.

Conference topics include:

-development and application of spatial and spatio-temporal statistical
methods in different fields related to environmental and health sciences,

-environmental quality, safety and sustainability including air and
water quality, epidemiology, earth science and ecology,

-functional data analysis, spatial and spatio-temporal sampling
and extreme values.

*Important Deadlines*:

-Extended abstract submission: April 30, 2014

-Registration (reduced fee): May 30, 2014

-Contribution acceptance: June 30, 2014

The abstract will be 4 pages max. The latex template with the required
format will be available soon at the conference website:

http://meetings.sis-statistica.org/index.php/graspametma14

*Location*: Campus Luigi Einaudi, University of Torino (IT)

About the host department:
http://www.unito.it/unitoWAR/page/dipartimenti4/D031_en/D031_EN_about_department1

Crowned by the majestic Alps, Torino is packed with palaces and piazzas,
great museums, cafés and restaurants. Torino also has an enviable food
and wine tradition! Seewww.turismotorino.org
<http://www.turismotorino.org/>/torino/EN/home.

We take the opportunity to send everyone our best wishes for the coming
year.

On behalf of the Organizing Committee,

Rosalba Ignaccolo

Rosalba Ignaccolo
Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica "Cognetti de Martiis"
Università degli Studi di Torino
Email: rosaria.ignaccolo a unito.it <mailto:cinzia.carota a unito.it>

Web page on UniTO: http://www.unito.it/persone/Rosalba.Ignaccolo