[20° Forum SIS] Seminario KLEIJN

Matteo Ruggiero matteo.ruggiero a unito.it
Ven 13 Dic 2013 09:34:28 CET

STATISTICS SEMINARS  -  COLLEGIO CARLO ALBERTO

Venerdi' 20 dicembre 2013 alle ore 12:00, presso la sala rossa del
Collegio Carlo Alberto, Moncalieri (TO), si terra' il seguente seminario:

Bas KLEIJN (University of Amsterdam)

TESTABILITY AND CONSISTENCY

Abstract:
Bayesian consistency theorems come in (at least) three distinct types,
e.g. Doob's prior-almost-sure consistency on Polish spaces,
Schwartz's Hellinger consistency with KL-priors and the `tailfree' weak
consistency of Dirichlet posteriors. In this talk we ask the question how
these notions of convergence are related and argue that one
characterises them most conveniently using test sequences.
We investigate the differences between uniform, point-wise and
almost-sure testing, prove Doob-type posterior consistency theorems
in various model topologies and consider hypothesis testing problems
like Cover's rational mean problem (Cover, 1973). To achieve
frequentist posterior consistency, we combine almost-sure tests with a
prior condition that generalises Schwartz's KL-condition and is
conjectured also to accomodate `tailfree' behaviour like that of
Dirichlet posteriors.

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Il seminario e' organizzato dalla "de Castro" Statistics Initiative
(http://www.carloalberto.org/stats) in collaborazione con il
Collegio Carlo Alberto.

Cordiali saluti,
Matteo Ruggiero

---------
Matteo Ruggiero
University of Torino & Collegio Carlo Alberto
http://web.econ.unito.it/ruggiero