[Forum SIS] Politecnico di Milano, seminario V. Panaretos

Laura M. Sangalli laura.sangalli a polimi.it
Mer 2 Maggio 2012 22:29:45 CEST

Si avvisa che in data 18-05-2012, alle ore 14:45 precise,
presso Aula Seminari F. Saleri VI Piano MOX - Dipartimento di
Matematica, Politecnico di Milano,
nell'ambito delle iniziative MOX e del progetto FIRB Futuro in Ricerca
SNAPLE (http://mox.polimi.it/~sangalli/firb.html), si svolgerŕ il
seguente seminario:

Relatore:
Victor M. Panaretos
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Lausanne, Switzerland

Titolo:
Towards Frequency Domain Analysis of Stationary Functional Data

Abstract:
We consider the problem of drawing statistical inferences on the
second-order structure of weakly dependent functional time series. When
functional data are independent, the entire second order structure is
captured by the covariance operator. For dependent functional data, one
needs to consider covariance operators relating different lags of the
series, as is the case in multivariate time series. In the functional
case, most work has focused on inference for stationary time series that
are linear - a case that is now well understood. More recent work has
focused on the estimation of the mean, long-run covariance operator and
principal components on the basis of moment type mixing conditions for
time series that are not necessarily linear. In this talk we consider
the problem of inferring the complete second-order structure of
stationary functional time series without a priori structural modeling
assumptions. Our approach is to formulate a frequency domain framework
for weakly dependent functional data, employing suitable generalisations
of finite-dimensional notions. We introduce the basic ingredients of
such a framework, propose estimators, and study their asymptotics under
functional cumulant-type mixing conditions. (Based on joint work with
Shahin Tavakoli, EPFL).

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Cordiali saluti,
Laura Sangalli

--
Laura Maria Sangalli