[Forum SIS] Seminario di Statistica al Politecnico di Milano 26 gennaio

Alessandra Guglielmi alessandra.guglielmi a polimi.it
Mer 18 Gen 2012 15:56:47 CET

Cari colleghi,

segnalo questo seminario.

Cordiali saluti

Alessandra Guglielmi
Giovedì 26 gennaio 2012 alle ore 14:30 precise,
AULA CONSIGLIO , 7° Piano Dipartimento di Matematica, Politecnico di Milano
http://www.mate.polimi.it/contattateci.php
*
Titolo: Borrowing Strength with Nonexchangeable Priors over Subpopulations

Speaker:* Fernando A. Quintana, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de
Chile, Chile
*
Abstract:* We introduce a nonparametric Bayesian model for a phase II
clinical trial with patients presenting different subtypes of the
disease under study. The objective is to estimate the success
probability of an experimental therapy for
each subtype. We consider the case when small sample sizes require
extensive borrowing of information across subtypes,but the subtypes are
not a priori exchangeable. We introduce a variation of the product
partition model that allows us to model a nonexchangeable prior structure.