[Forum SIS] DEC Seminar - January 11th

Raffaella Piccarreta raffaella.piccarreta a unibocconi.it
Sab 22 Dic 2012 11:45:11 CET

Dear all,
please find below information about the last
seminar in the DEC's fall session (on January, 11th)

Merry Christmas!!!

Raffaella

DEC - Statistics Seminar

Università Bocconi,
Room 3-E4-SR03
Via Rontgen 1 - 3rd floor
Time: 12:30pm

The DEC seminar schedule is available at http://www.unibocconi.eu/statseminar

Friday, January 11th

Vincenzo Esposito Vinzi
(ESSEC Business School of Paris)

"Component-based Approaches to Multi-block Path Modeling"

Abstract

In this talk, we present some component-based approaches to the predictive modeling of networks of relationships between latent variables in a multi-block framework where the focus is on the estimation of factor scores starting from blocks of manifest variables. We refer to Partial Least Squares Path Modeling but also to its most recent variants and alternatives. In this framework, we consider several theoretical and methodological issues related to the various modeling steps with a specific discussion on the estimation of outer weights and the dimensionality of latent variables. Finally, we provide insights on the algorithms, the statistical criteria optimized by the different approaches and their practical relevance.

Raffaella Piccarreta
DEC - Department of Decision Sciences,
Universita' L.Bocconi, via Guglielmo Röntgen 1 (3rd floor, room D1-09). 20136, Milano.
email: piccarreta a unibocconi.it
tel. +39-02-58365659 / fax +39-02-58365630

Web page (ENGLISH VERSION): http://faculty.unibocconi.eu/raffaellapiccarreta/
(ITALIAN VERSION): http://faculty.unibocconi.it/raffaellapiccarreta/