[Forum SIS] Short course: "Continuous time modeling of panel data by means of structural equation modeling"

ARPINO, BRUNO bruno.arpino a upf.edu
Gio 13 Dic 2012 21:07:14 CET

It is a pleasure for us to announce that registration for the course
*"**Continuous
time modeling of panel data by means of structural eqution modeling (SEM)**"
* is now open. *We especially recommend this course, as we think that
social science in general should change its approach in the direction
indicated in it:* as most processes we study change continuously and not
abruptly at fixed time distances, we believe *the approach indicated in
this course is the future model for social science change models*.

The course will be taught by *Prof. Han Oud (Radboud University Nijmegen,
the Netherlands)* and *Prof. Manuel Voelkle (Max Plack Institute for Human
Development, Germany)*.  It will take place on March 6-7, 2013, at the
Campus de la Ciutadella of Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona. The
language of instruction will be English. *Deadline for registration is
February 28, 2013.*

You will find complete information regarding the course, including its
program and registration procedure at the following links:

http://www.upf.edu/survey/activities/courses.html

http://www.upf.edu/survey/_pdf/curso_continuous_time_modeling_march_2013.pdf(in
.pdf format)

*The course is directed to researchers and students involved and/or
interested in longitudinal data models, continuous time modeling, panel
data and survey research in general*, especially experts coming from survey
research commercial firms, and students of political science, sociology,
psychology, medical sciences and economics. Computer exercises form an
essential part of the course. Therefore, participants will form small
groups with different backgrounds with respect to experience with panel
research, knowledge of SEM and the program R. In this way we expect all to
profit optimally. *Prior knowledge of one or more of these topics is
attractive, although not required.*

For any questions about the course, its program, or its registration
procedure, feel free to contact us at recsm a upf.edu.

Best regards,

Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology - RECSM
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
www.upf.edu/survey

--

*Bruno Arpino*

Department of Political and Social Sciences

Carrer Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27 | 08005 - Barcelona
[Tel.] +34 93 542 2366[Fax.] +34 93 542 2372
bruno.arpino a upf.edu
https://sites.google.com/site/brunoarpino/

[image: Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona]