[Forum SIS] Bocconi DEC Seminar: Paul Dickman - October 13th

Anna Simoni anna.simoni a unibocconi.it
Gio 6 Ott 2011 14:27:49 CEST

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Decision Sciences (DEC) of Bocconi University is pleased to invite you to the seminar:
DEC Seminar
Universitā Bocconi,
Room 3-E4-SR03
Via Rontgen 1 - 3rd floor
Time: 12:30pm

Thursday, October 13th

Paul Dickman
(Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm)

"An introduction and some recent developments in statistical methods for population-based cancer survival analysis"

Abstract:

After introducing the field of population-based cancer survival analysis and its role in cancer control I will introduce the concept of relative survival and why it is often preferred over cause-specific survival for the study of cancer patient survival using data collected by population-based cancer registers. I will briefly mention some recent developments in methods for studying cancer patient survival, such as cure models (also known as split-population models), flexible parametric models, and estimating survival in the presence of competing risks. The presentation is aimed at researchers without a background in mathematical statistics although I may go into a mathematical details on a small number of slides.

Sincerely,
Anna Simoni

Anna Simoni

Assistant Professor