[Forum SIS] Seminario GNEDIN

Matteo Ruggiero matteo.ruggiero a unipv.it
Gio 14 Apr 2011 09:56:10 CEST

		                  CICLO DI SEMINARI
          COLLEGIO CARLO ALBERTO - MONCALIERI (TO)

Nell'ambito del ciclo di seminari organizzato dalla "de Castro Statistics Initiative" (www.carloalberto.org/stats),
Giovedi' 21 aprile 2011, presso la Sala Rossa del Collegio Carlo Alberto,
via Real Collegio 30, 10024, Moncalieri, Torino,

alle ore 12.00

ALEXANDER GNEDIN  (Utrecht University)

terra' un seminario dal titolo

EXTENSIONS OF MALLOWS' DISTRIBUTION ON PERMUTATIONS AND THE Q-EXCHANGEABILITY

Abstract

A random sequence is q-exchangeable if transforming ...xy.... in ...yx... multiplies the probability of sequence by q or 1/q depending on whether xy. This type of stochastic symmetry is a deformation of the classical exchangeability (q=1), the main difference being that q-exchangeable sequences tend to be better ordered than exchangeable ones. In the talk we shall discuss the q-analog of de Finetti's theorem, which turns intrinsically related to the (extended) Mallows distribution on infinite permutations. We further investigate the properties of these random permutations which are especially interesting for permutations of Z.

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

---------
Matteo Ruggiero
University of Turin
web.econ.unito.it/ruggiero