[Forum SIS] Bocconi DEC Seminar: Marco Perugini - April 14th

anna.simoni a unibocconi.it anna.simoni a unibocconi.it
Mer 7 Apr 2010 11:40:36 CEST

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Decision Sciences (DEC) of Bocconi University is pleased to invite you to the seminar:

DEC Seminar
Università Bocconi,
Room N14
Piazza Sraffa 13 - first floor
Time: 12:30pm

The DEC seminar schedule is available at http://www.unibocconi.eu/statseminar

Wednesday, April 14th

Marco Perugini
(Università degli Studi di Milano - Bicocca)

"Automatic for the people: The role of implicit measures in predicting
behavior"

Abstract:

The last two decades have seen a growing interest on the role played by
automatic and associative factors in human decisions making and behavior.
The development of psychometrically sound cognitive paradigms to measure
implicit evaluations, such as the Implicit Association Test (IAT), has
allowed for a widespread use of implicit measures in different domains and
for the rapid accumulation of empirical evidence concerning their predictive
validity. In this talk I shall first set out a basic theoretical framework
concerning the role played by implicit and explicit factors in influencing
decisions and behaviors and I will briefly exemplify how and why implicit
factors (i.e., automatic associations) can affect them. I will then focus on
how these automatic associations can be measured and I will finally present
some empirical evidence showing the predictive validity of implicit
measures, with a particular emphasis on highlighting under what conditions
implicit measures can be expected to be particularly valid.

Sincerely,
Anna Simoni

Anna Simoni

Assistant Professor