[Forum SIS] Seminario ALESSIO FARCOMENI (Univ. di Roma La Sapienza) - Padova, 26 novembre 2009

Patrizia Piacentini piacent a stat.unipd.it
Gio 12 Nov 2009 12:19:19 CET

Ci scusiamo per trasmissioni multiple
***********************************
DIPARTIMENTO DI SCIENZE STATISTICHE
Universita' degli Studi di Padova
Via C. Battisti, 241 - 35121 Padova
***********************************

Seminario

A CLASSICAL AND A BAYESIAN SOLUTION TO THE LIKELIHOOD
DILEMMA IN RECAPTURE STUDIES WITH HETEROGENEITY

tenuto da

ALESSIO FARCOMENI
Università di Roma "La Sapienza"

Giovedì 26 novembre 2009
ore 14.30
Aula Cucconi

Abstract
Capture-recapture experiments are commonly used to estimate the size of
a closed population. Link (2003) shows that inference is not possible
without assumptions on the mixing distribution of heterogenous capture
probabilities, due to identifiability problems. We show that
identifiability does not hold only for the commonly used conditional
likelihood. We prove the marginal likelihood is instead identifiable and
the MLE consistent. We illustrate different strategies for obtaining the
MLE with the marginal likelihood. We also propose a Bayesian approach,
derive its Jeffreys prior, and compare the two methods in simulations
and on real examples.

http://www.stat.unipd.it/agenda/seminari

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare

--
Patrizia Piacentini
Segreteria Organizzativa Eventi
e-mail segrorg at stat.unipd.it