seminari di statistica

DIPARTIMENTO DI ECONOMIA POLITICA E METODI QUANTITATIVI
UNIVERSITA' DI PAVIA

VIA SAN FELICE, 5
27100 PAVIA

SEMINARI DI STATISTICA

FEBBRAIO 1999

GIOVEDI' 4 febbraio 1999 ore 17.30
aula H

RELATORE
Eduardo Gutierrez Pena
IIMAS, UNAM
Mexico D.F., Messico

TITOLO

A BAYESIAN PREDICTIVE BOOTSTRAP

RIASSUNTO

Consider the following problem:  given a random sample from an
unknown distribution F, and a collection of entertained models,
inferences  about the value  of an unknown  future observation
from F are required.  We present a  sampling-based approach to
this problem, inspired on a Bayesian model selection criterion.
The method  may  provide an  alternative to  Bayes factors  in
situations where  prior information is vague.   Relations with
the  nonparametric  bootstrap  and  the   weighted  likelihood
bootstrap will also be discussed.

GOVEDI' 25 febbraio 1999 ore 16
aula H

RELATORE

Elvezio Ronchetti

Universita' di Ginevra
Ginevra, Svizzera
e Universita' della Svizzera Italiana
Lugano, Svizzera

TITOLO

ALCUNI SVILUPPI RECENTI IN STATISTICA ROBUSTA
(CON UN APPLICAZIONE A MODELLI DI TASSI D'INTERESSE)

RIASSUNTO

Robust statistics deals with deviations
from the assumptions on the model and
develops statistical procedures which
are still reliable and reasonably efficient
in a small neighborhood of the model.
We will review some basic concepts in robust
statistics and show how they can be used in
fairly complex models. We will focus on recent
work in three broad areas: robust inference in
general parametric models, robust model selection
(especially in regression), and robust estimation
and inference in financial models for the term
structure of interest rates.

Guido Consonni
Universita' di Pavia
Dipartimento di Economia Poltica e Metodi Quantitativi
Via S. Felice, 5
27100 Pavia
ITALY

Tel. +39 0382 506 225